Current positions available with Maryland CASA Association and local CASA programs are listed below:
CASA/Prince George’s County | Marketing & Recruitment Coordinator6811 Kenilworth Ave #402, Riverdale, MD 20737
CASA/Prince George’s County seeks a Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator to lead our efforts to recruit, screen and train more volunteers to provide a voice to abused and neglected children. Create an effective marketing and recruitment plan that strongly brands CASA in the community and help CASA reach new sources of potential volunteers in order to increase our capacity to serve abused and neglected children in foster care.
The VISTA will:
- Serve as brand ambassador, making 3-4 presentations to community organizations
- Advertise all volunteer opportunities through a variety of sources
- Write and disseminate communication pieces
- Coordinate training with CASA’s Training Facilitator for an average of 25 volunteers once per quarter
- Create a database of potential recruitment resources
- Create and implement volunteer appreciation/retention activities and events
- Review demographics of current volunteers and interview Program Staff to determine profiles of successful volunteer archetypes
- Create an exit interview process for exiting volunteers
- Make recommendations about the most effective way to implement the marketing and recruitment plan.
A detailed position description is available here: Marketing & Recruitment Coordinator Position Description.
This is a one year VISTA position eligible for a living stipend and other benefits. For more information and to apply, click here.
CASA of SoMD: Senior Peer Coordinator6100 Radio Station Road La Plata, Maryland 20646
The Center for Children, Southern Maryland’s largest mental health provider is seeking an experienced Senior Peer Coordinator for its Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program.
Under the supervision of the program manager, the senior peer coordinator shall be responsible for the oversight, guidance, and support of the work conducted by the volunteer force of peer coordinators and Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) in the tri-county area of St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles.
A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the social sciences. Applicant must have previous experience working with volunteers and knowledge and understanding of juvenile law, child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and other social services skills. Must be able to delegate and monitor work assignments; and work independently. Position requires excellent organizational, time management, communication and conflict management skills.
Work may require some weekend and/or evening work and occasional overnight travel. Work will also require frequent travel to client homes and other office locations. Qualified candidates should send their cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Cathy Bellamy, Coordinator of Human Resources at Bellamy@center-for-children.org.