TOWSON, Md. (Oct. 27, 2014) — One hundred forty volunteers, staff members and supporters of the Maryland CASA Association and local Court Appointed Special Advocate programs participated in the 2014 Baltimore Running Festival, raising over $36,000 to continue the Association’s advocacy services for children in foster care. Ranging in age from 9-66, “Team CASA” members hailed from all over Maryland, as well as Washington, DC; Indianapolis, IN; Hamilton, NJ; Philadelphia and York, PA, and Raleigh, NC. Some of the participants included:
- Two alumni members of Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity of Federal Hill and Glen Burnie: CASA is their designated national philanthropic cause.
- A group of 12 runners (three relay teams) led by a CASA volunteer from Bethesda, MD,
- A runner from Columbia, MD,who has participated each of the six years with Team CASA,
- A 26-year-old school psychologist and top fundraiser of Federal Hill,
- A CASA volunteer, her husband and two young sons from Frederick, MD, and
- A long-term Maryland CASA board member from Annapolis, MD, who organized two relay teams.