CASA of Allegany County
81 Baltimore Street, Suite 606
Cumberland, MD 21502
Fax: (301) 777-1263
What is CASA of Allegany County?
CASA of Allegany County is located in Western Maryland. CASA-AC opened its doors in July 2013, and our first set of CASA volunteers were trained and appointed as Court Appointed Special Advocates in June 2014. The mission of CASA of Allegany County is to ensure that every foster child and youth in Allegany County has a safe and permanent home.
A Message From the Director
Thank you for your interest in CASA of Allegany County. Despite our rural location in Western Maryland, Allegany County has the second highest rate of child abuse and neglect per capita. CASA of Allegany County is committed that every foster child and youth in Allegany County will have a voice…a Court Appointed Special Advocate. As a new agency, we need your help. Please consider giving your time to make our mission a reality for every foster child and youth to have a safe and permanent home.
Misty Raines, Executive Director
What is the need?
- 77 children are under court protection as a result of abuse and neglect
- 14 children currently have CASAs
- More than 60 children in Allegany County are still in need of a Court Appointed Special Advocate
How can you help?
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Become a Board Member
- Support us during our annual fundraiser CASA Uncorked!
- Call our office for a list of donation items currently being accepted
- If you are unable to become a CASA, donate your time and talent in other capacities
Volunteer Spotlight: Mandi Graham, CASA of Allegany County
In this Volunteer Spotlight, we feature Mandi Graham! Mandi is a volunteer with CASA of Allegany County and has been working with them for over a year.
- Allegany County
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore City
- Baltimore County
- Caroline County
- Carroll County
- CASA of Southern Maryland (Charles, Calvert, St. Mary’s)
- Cecil County
- Frederick County
- Harford County
- Lower Shore (Worcester)
- Mid-Shore (Talbot, Dorchester, Queen Anne’s, Kent)
- Prince George’s County
- Voices For Children (Howard County)
- Voices For Children (Montgomery County)
- Washington County