Please join us for our upcoming Webinar!
How to Access Health & Mental Health Benefits for Children Under Maryland Medical Assistance: Getting Children What They Need
Presented by: Cathy Surace
Date: September 16, 2015
Time: 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
In this webinar, we will teach you how to effectively access the health and mental health benefits for children that are provided by Maryland Medical Assistance (Medicaid). The goals of this training are for you to:
- Learn how the Medical Assistance (or Medicaid) Program is organized and where to go to get help
Learn what services are covered and not covered by Medicaid
- Know the steps to access mental health services and various physical health care services
- Understand the role of different governmental agencies, health plans, and contractors
- Know when you need a referral from the primary care physician or mental health professional to access services
- Learn what to do when a service is denied, delayed, or not available
- Understand the legal rights that foster children have as Medicaid recipients
- Know what EPSDT means and what a strong entitlement children have to receive the health care services that treating professionals recommend for them
- Due to a very high no-show rate, we ask that you only register if you are certain that you will be able to participate; otherwise, if you register and don’t participate, you are taking a spot away from someone who would like to have attended.
- Certificates of Completion/CEU’s will be emailed to participants upon completion of a 10 question survey at the conclusion of the webinar.
- Questions? Please contact us at 410-828-6761 or firstname.lastname@example.org